The deadline for aspiring participants of The Made in Africa workshop is almost here. Previously there was a call for aspiring filmmakers who have an idea for a ten minute documentary that explores the importance of sport within the context of the 2010 World Cup’; this is no longer the case.
We’re asking you to send us a one-page proposal of an idea you may have, on any theme related to Africa and of course MADE IN AFRICA!!!! If you are selected then you will develop your idea with Christina Burnett, an international pitching trainer from the UK, over the course of the two days. Some of your training sessions will be in front of the whole audience, which is good practice for pitching in some of the international forums. On the 2nd Day, you will pitch in front of a panel of experienced producers and commissioning editors.
The winning pitches will receive SABC and CBA-DFID Broadcast Media Scheme funded places (each worth £10,000) on the Thomson Documentary course in Cardiff 2008.
- Your CV
- A one page letter of intent stating why it is important for you to make this film and why you should be selected for the pitching workshop
- The name, job title and contact details for an industry professional who we can contact as a referee.
- Your Proposal (Please note this is an application for the training workshop only. Your proposal will be developed during the two days for the purposes of training)
On one side of A4 with the following information:
- Proposed title
- Story and contents of the film: what, who, where, when
- Structure and form: how will you tell the story
- Visual and aural style
- Any other relevant information about the context of the story
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPANTS WITH PROJECTS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MONDAY 28th APRIL
PLEASE E-MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO: email@example.com